Sunday, November 24, 2013

November 17, 2013

Well this week was real good! The best part was that we had another baptism! I can't believe how awesome the work is here in Masterton! This weekend was the baptism of Laurie. He is a 19 year old guy that is way cool. We had James, the recent convert, baptise him! What a neat experience! It did only take him maybe.....6 or 7 tries to get him all the way under! It was kinda sad but they both were good with what was going on. The main problem was that James didn't have his hand high enough on Laurie's back so his head wouldn't go all the way under. But all good! It was a great service and Laurie's mother, who has a baptismal date for the 30th, was able to attend as well and I think she really enjoyed it! We are hoping to have a lesson with the senior couple and them on Wednesday, should be good! Laurie was confirmed on Sunday and ordained in the Aaronic Priesthood, to the office of a priest. How wonderful!
The next highlight of the week is that last week we had the most number of investigators with a baptismal date out of the whole mission! Just an amazing testimony to me of how lucky I am to be serving here in Masterton! The Lord really is hastening his work here in Masterton and I am so grateful to be a part of it! We just gotta keep working hard to keep all this good stuff going! We had some baptismal dates fall through this week though so we are hoping to reset those this week and continue to set more new ones! The people here are really great! We did a lot of talking to people on the street and stuff this week. It is kinda hard for me sometimes to break out of my shell but I am doing my best. We talked to about 218 people this week! Our goal is 150 per week so we were overwhelmed with that success. Overall this was just a great week to be a missionary! 
The next cool thing that I have to share is about my old room mate, Hunter Fowers.  He was called to the............SACRAMENTO CALIFORNIA MISSION!!!!!!!!!! So, Mom and Dad, if there is an Elder Fowers that is serving in the area you better make sure to feed him and his companion every week! When I read that email I was shocked beyond all belief! He is leaving for the MTC on the 4th of December so expect him in the mission two weeks after that!!!!! I am very excited for him! Also, I would encourage you all to feed the missionaries as much as possible. I certainly appreciate anyone who gives me food and I know all other missionaries do! So Mom and Dad, if you don't want leftovers, FEED THE ELDERS! And send them home with more food! 
Speaking of food, Happy Thanksgiving! We actually have a dinner appointment for Thursday! So we should be getting a nice feed for Thanksgiving but other than that it is a normal day. Not too many Americans around here. There is one that we know, he is an Excom but a real nice guy! He gives us pies every once in a while. So nothing too exciting over here for that!
Well I think that is all for this week. Pretty exciting week! I hope all is going well in the good old USA and that you guys are having a great time! Love you lots!
Ofa'atu!

Elder Burnham

No comments:

Post a Comment