Saturday, January 18, 2014

January 12, 2014

Well today is an exciting day! The p-day before transfers is always exciting. So earlier in the week, we were on exchanges with the Zone Leaders so I was not in my area. When I got back to my area, my companion informed me that he got a call earlier that morning that he was going to be training! So at that point, I pretty much KNEW that I was going to be leaving. He later got some training materials and it was confirmed that he was going to be training. So today I found out that I am going to be leaving and my companion is going to be staying here! I am going to be going to serve in Wanganui. It is about a 6 hour bus ride north-west of here. It is right on the west coast. I am not too sure much about it but what I have heard from my companion and the Zone Leaders and the other Elders in the district. I am excited and nervous and sad for this new transfer. I am sad to be leaving this area because it is such an amazing area but I know that where I am called to go is where I am supposed to go! My new companion's name is Elder Farnsworth. I have never met him before. So yeah that is about all I know for transfers. I am pretty sure I will be leaving on Wednesday. One of the other Elders in the district, Elder Jacobson is also leaving. He is from the same intake as me and he is going to be a District Leader! And 2nd phasing a trainee. So I am relieved I don't have to do that! But yeah I am excited!
This week has been a great week and I am excited because today we are going out to Castlepoint Beach. It is real windy today so we are going to get sandblasted but it will still be fun! A good way to end the transfer. Also, one of the sisters is ending her mission this transfer so while this isn't supposed to be a going away party, half the district is leaving. I will let you know how that goes and send some pictures next week! Something exciting that happened this week was that my bike got a flat tire! I say it that way because I wasn't riding it when I got a flat. We were on exchanges and I was riding my companions bike because it is smaller than mine and the other Elder is bigger than me. That was pretty fun to get to walk all the way back to the flat to get it fixed. We were all the way on the other side of town! But it all worked out because our appointments fell through or were postponed. We then had a lesson with Michael. He is doing well but is still comfortable with his present faith. I am hopefully going to be able to use the transfer as leverage to urge him to be baptised! 

Well that is about all that is exciting this week. I am going to be saying my goodbyes to the members and investigators the next couple days. I hope you guys are staying warm. Everybody here is telling us that it is FREEZING in the whole United States. Some polar vortex or something like that. Love you lots!!!
Love,
Elder Burnham

P.S. McDonald's is everywhere!

No comments:

Post a Comment