Tuesday, March 11, 2014

February 23, 2014

Hello Family!!!!

Well the big news of transfers is here and....I am staying!!! My companion is leaving to be a District Leader down in the bottom of the south Island, a city called Invercargill. And...nobody is replacing him! So I am going to be in a threesome!!!! Crazy! I will be joining the other two Elders herein Wanganui! So what happened was that I was supposed to be training but there were some visa issues and that didn't work out. So for this transfer I will be in a threesome! It is going to be pretty crazy! We will have to cover both areas! I am excited for this next transfer! I might get a new companion partway through the transfer or something but who knows! So that is the really big exciting news for this week!


We had exchanges this week with the District Leader. He is a pretty cool guy but a little bit hard to get along with because of his personality. I got along with him great for the exchange but I don't know if I would be able to do that for a whole transfer. We had a good couple days though and it was a good practice in completely leading the area. We had some really hot days. It doesn't get quite as hot as back home but it just feels like it is a million degrees! I think we got into the upper 20's maybe low 30's. What made it worse was that at dinner on Wednesday, the Samoan family gave us Cocoa Samoa, a really rich, almost coffee-like, hot cocoa. I think I sweat more that I ever had in my life. We were on bikes all that day too. We also ran up and down like 200 stairs because the District leader wanted to go to the top of the tower on a hill in the city. It was super hot. 

Another cool thing that happened this week was that an investigator I had in Masterton, Michael, came over here for a couple days to visit some friends. At the same time he also visited me. He told me that he had a baptismal date set for Saturday, two days ago and that he was going to get baptized! It was really exciting to me to hear that news. I am happy for him and he will be a great addition to the ward and the Priesthood there in Masterton. I was happy to hear he got baptized, even though I wasn't able to be there. My last companion there, Elder Christensen, was still there but now is going to be a Zone Leader in Wellington. 

On Saturday, we had dinner with an investigator, Johnny. He made some real good food. He mad a beef stew sort of thing, which I DID eat! (I have gotten less picky with food now) He also made some Chinese noodles, potato salad, coleslaw, and asparagus with cheese sauce. It was a bit of a going away gift to my companion because they have gotten really close. For dessert  we had homemade Pavlova, a Kiwi specialty! It is like a layer of marshmallow and then meringue and then some kiwi fruit on top. Pretty good! 

Things are gonna be pretty different for the next 6 weeks with being in a threesome! I will be sure on letting you know what all the new cool things are with being in a threesome! And it has now been just about 6 months! Crazy! The time sure does fly by! I am missing you all but I am doing great as well! Hope things are going well for you all!!! 

Love,
Elder Burnham 


P.S.Here is the photo of the pavlova!

No comments:

Post a Comment