Tuesday, March 11, 2014

March 2, 2014

Well the first week of the trio has passed. It was pretty cool! It is somewhat difficult to try to work in both areas the same amount as we worked in them before. So sorta what has happened is that the area I am called to is not getting quite as much attention as the other area. It is ok though, there will be lots of work to do when the new elder comes. It could be anywhere from now until next transfer in April. But I am not too worried. In fact, I am a bit relieved that I am not training this transfer, it seems like a daunting task. 

Well this week went by pretty quick. On Monday we said a few goodbyes and then on Tuesday we said lots of goodbyes. It was hard for my companion to say bye to some of the members and investigators. It is understandable when he had been here for about 7 months. So most of Tuesday was spent saying bye and getting him all packed up. 

Wednesday morning we took him to the airport in the next closest city, Palmerston North. They have a little airport there so he got on a plane and left that morning. It took about an hour to drive out there. Luckily we didn't have to wake up any earlier than usual to get him there. Then we drove back and got my stuff packed up and moved over to the other flat. We had rented a trailer for the day because we had to move my companions bike and stuff but we also had to move my bed over there. That took up most of Wednesday morning. Then we just had regular missionary stuff going on the rest of the day, but mostly in the other Elders' area. 

Thursday morning we had district meeting in Feilding (Yep, the name of the down is Fielding but spelled wrong). Then we spent the rest of that day mostly in the other Elders' area again. 

Friday and Saturday mornings we spent helping a member family move. They are a bit older and needed some help moving the heavy stuff like the washer, dryer, fridge and beds. On Friday afternoon we spent time with the investigators in my area. It was good to be back in familiar territory. Saturday was spent mostly in their area. We had two lunches that day which is never really fun. Just makes you want to sit around the rest of the day. Then we had dinner with a member again, in fact it was one that fed us lunch that day too! But we just took it home and ate it at night. 

Sunday we went to church. It was a pretty good fast and testimony meeting. Nothing too exciting though. One of the other elders' investigators came to church though. His name is Mitch. I think he has a pretty bad drinking problem but seems to be interested. I think he has been meeting with missionaries for a long time. He had more pamphlets and stuff than I had in my bag! Then we had a couple lessons and dinner over in the East side (my side). One was to an older man named John. He told us he wasn't really interested but that we could go there and be ourselves. He always gives us some really good hot cocoa and a little treat too. He used to be a chef so he makes good food. That was pretty much my week! Nothing too great but nothing bad either! 

One last thing. I had my first little bit of homesickness! I had a dream on Saturday night that I was back home. I don't remember much of it but the part I do remember was that Brianne was a little more grown up (maybe like two years older than when I last say her). She gave me a big hug and was laughing and smiling and then I woke up. It definitely made me miss all of you and the fun gathering you had recently with the two little girls. I am just a little sad I will miss a bit of their growing up! But all good! 

Things are going great here and starting to cool down a bit too. By the end of March it will probably be full on into autumn. There was a bit of rain a couple days ago and some this morning too. But rain in the summer is pretty normal here. But that is all! Hope things are going well! Love you lots!

Love,

Elder Burnham

No comments:

Post a Comment