Sunday, September 7, 2014

August 17, 2014

Dear Family,

Well we have had another good week. Monday and Tuesday were spent saying bye to people here, mostly the Tongans. Which for me meant heaps of food. So that was alright with me! Wednesday morning Elder Lxxxx left at about 7 AM and my new companion got here at 10 AM so I spent a couple hours with a couple members. So Wednesday we got Elder Hxxxxxxxxxx all settled in and did some work. We were both very very tired. Transfers are always long days. Bust mostly this week has been pretty good.

Elder Hxxxxxxxxxx is from Tonga. He is 18 years old. He is the oldest of five boys. His family are all members and area from the main island of Tonga. He went to the Church high school. He is a bit shy but I think that is how we all are at the start of the mission. That will go away as time goes on. He is pretty soft spoken but has very good English, I think as a result from going to the Church high school. This is the first companion I have had who is younger than me so that is a bit different for me. But overall, things are great with him! I am gong to really enjoy working with him. 


We had a pretty neat experience with a member on Saturday night. So we were having a meal with the Gxxxxx family. They are an older couple that live here in Temuka and they feed us almost every Saturday. We starting talking with them after we finished the meal and Sis. Gxxxxx really opened up about how she wants to share the Gospel more effectively with her friends. She asked us to help her to study Preach My Gospel and told us she would like us to follow up on her commitment to do so. She just expressed such a sincere desire to help her friends who are struggling and to reach out to those who are people prepared to receive the Gospel. I think if we all had the desire and commitment she has, missionary work would be increased exponentially! It was just a great strength to me. 


Well that is about all for this week. Hope things are going well back home! Love you all!}

Love,
Elder Burnham

No comments:

Post a Comment