Sunday, September 7, 2014

September 7, 2014

Dear Family,

Well I think spring time is just about here! The flowers are starting to bloom and we have had some days with really nice weather. We had a pretty good week. Nothing too our of the ordinary except that which I shared last week. We did a lot of service on Saturday. That was good though, it is always nice to help people out who deserve it. We did some turning over of gardens (this time by hand), some stacking of firewood, and some moving of buildings! Well we moved large pieces of a partially assembled shed. So it was good to help out those people, some of whom were less active members and others nonmembers. 

There was an old man that we had been visiting here in Temuka that was taken to the Hospital in Timaru. We hadn't seen him for a few days even though he told us to come around the next day. Then the Sister Missionaries got a call from the office that this man wanted visits from someone in the church. So they went to go see him and then told us about him. So we have been visiting him in the hospital. He doesn't have any family or friends really around here so he really enjoys when we go see him. He is doing better than he was but still needs some time to recover. He is actually a member of the Church but hasn't been in several years so we are trying to get his records moved in here. 

Last night, we had an appointment with a Filipino family. They like to have us over and have little Bible Studies. Last night they also gave us some Filipino food. Well some dessert at least. It was Cassava cake. I have honestly no idea what cassava is (even though I have eaten it several times) except that it is some sort of vegetable/root. But this cake was really good! Then we had a dinner appointment with a member family but they were running late and decided just to give us groceries. Well that is fine with us! So my companion made dinner last night. I will send a picture of the "stew" he made to put over rice. I think it is safe to say that I almost fasted for another meal just so I wouldn't have to eat it. But it turned out tasting alright, not good, just alright. Not what I would choose to do with corned beef!


Well that is about all for this week. I hope things are going well! I am doing great! The time is flying by quickly!

Love,
Elder Burnham


No comments:

Post a Comment