Thursday, December 19, 2013

December 8, 2013

Hello Family!!!
Well this week has not been too great. Monday was good. We had a real good basketball game, 5 on 5. It was cool because we had the other elders in the district come up from their area and play with us. They are about 10 minutes away by bus. It was pretty hot though, so people got tired pretty quick. But it was real fun! On Tuesday, I woke up with a sore throat. We did lots of service in the morning and it didn't get any better. Tuesday night we had dinner with this very kind investigator family. I guess they are more of potentials than investigators but the father is really genuinely interested but is pretty hesitant. He read a bit of the Book of Mormon but said it didn't "flow" like the Bible. I didn't really understand what he meant but we gave him some good chapters to read. Hopefully he will feel the Spirit when he reads them! He also had a concern with a couple of the Articles of Faith. I was able to address them somewhat but not entirely. I studied some more and hope to be able to address his concerns better next time. So my sickness continued to get worse. Wednesday was not too bad but by Thursday my nose was so stuffed up that my ears started getting plugged up and I could hardly hear myself talk. I started taking Sudafed and ibuprofen to help out with the sinus congestion but it didn't really do much. Friday it was a bit worse but still manageable. Friday night we had an activity with us, our ward mission leader and any of our Recent Converts, Investigators, or Less Actives. We went to the indoor bowling! It was pretty fun but kinda weird bowling in a shirt and tie! I did ok, got a 77 I think. But it was kinda a small activity. We had several people say they would come but only one person showed up. It was still good for him and for us though. By saturday, I had started coughing a whole bunch. The congestion had kinda moved from my sinus into my chest. Saturday we had to stay home because I was feeling really terrible. I am still taking the medications and it has been helping a lot. Yesterday I was much better and I am continuing to get better every day. I felt bad that we had to stay home though, I really wanted to go out and work!  On top of all that......I have three pairs of pants that have holes worn through them.... I will send a picture of them and where the holes are. They are about an inch or so in diameter and maybe 2-4 inches from the inseam of my pants, near the back pocket sorta. At first I thought it was just the old pair of black pants. Then this week I found the other pair of black pants and the brown pants had a hole in them. I think it is from the bike seat.... So we adjusted my bike seat a bit, hopefully that helps! That was a real....bummer...hehe I guess we will find a way to fix it. I need those pants! Right now I only have three pairs of pants to wear, that's not enough haha But yesterday was a real good day! We had the senior couple up here for the day. They are Elder and Sister Robbins from Orem. They are a wonderful couple. They had a couple of lessons with our investigators and recent converts. They just click with just about anybody they talk to. We had a little Family Home Evening sort of thing last night at the ward mission leaders house. It was real good. And of course, there was food there. We also had lunch at the Bishop's house. He really likes us which is cool because I don't think he liked some of the missionaries in the past. He was very happy to hear we were staying for another transfer. So pretty much I think that because we are staying here though Christmas, I am going to gain another 5 kg by Christmas. That would put me at about 80 kg or 175 lbs. They feed us WAY TOO MUCH! I can't believe it. It will all be good though, I am sure I will lose it all as a starving student at BYU! Well that is about it for the week. Full of unfortunate things but also some good stuff too. Hope things are going well! Love you!
Love,

Elder Burnham



No comments:

Post a Comment