Thursday, December 19, 2013

December 1, 2013

Hello Family!!!

Well transfers are this week but as of now, I have no clue what is going on! We haven't received an email yet with the transfer sheet! So I am anxiously awaiting that email. But for now I will just describe the week!



This week has been a pretty good one! Tuesday was my comp's birthday! It was a pretty good day. We didn't get to do service like we had planned because the weather wasn't too great. But we did have some great times that day. We had fish and chips for lunch and a member bought us Subway for dinner! Then we went to the little video store next to Subway where they sell real American candy and soda! So I bought my comp an authentic Dr. Pepper and I got an A&W Root Beer! Woohoo! Thursday we had Zone Conference which is basically like a big District meeting. With lunch! We had some real good Samoan food from the members! It was really good but I tried not to eat too much. I am trying not to over eat and feel sick after I eat! But that was really good. It was really rainy and windy the whole day. When it was time to go home, we carpooled back to where our cars were and we saw that the mountain pass back to my area was closed! We were stuck in the Zone Leader's area! So we went on little exchanges and had two threesomes. We anxiously awaited the update of the sign, which said it would be updated at 6 PM. When we checked it at 6, it said the road was back open and all was well. I guess what had happened was there was a fairly large mud/rock slide and they had to close the road for a bit to clean it up. Pretty crazy! So it ended up being about 8 or 830 before we got back. That was an adventure! Friday we spent most of the day doing service. We went to the Bishop's house and trimmed hedges, moved lawns, cleaned up trees, and all sorts of stuff. I spent a little bit of time on the roof of their shed in the backyard. I was walking along it and cutting up all these branches and vines and stuff that were on the roof. I couldn't really see where I was stepping so it was kinda sketchy. Also the roof was made of shingles so I was afraid of breaking them. One step I took, I either broke a shingle or step on an already broken shingle. It created a little whole in the roof and my foot and ankle fell through. I got a little scrape on my ankle and had my heart racing real fast! I thought I was gonna fall off or through the roof, but it is all good! We then had dinner and Bishop's house last night as a kinda thanks for the service we did and that we know that the transfers are here so the sisters were invited too. He had a big old BBQ for us. Really good. What the bishop didn't know was that we had another dinner appointment that night too! We spent a little too much time at the Bishop's so we were late to the second dinner appointment and they had already eaten most of it so we were lucky we didn't have to eat too much! But I was still stuffed beyond all belief! And it was all after fasting too! Crazy! But yeah we have had a pretty good week this week, nothing too exciting because I still don't know what is going on with transfers. I will let you know what is going on as soon as I can! I hope you are all having a great week! Love you lots!!!


Derek ended up staying in the same area with the same companion.  He was very happy about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment