Sunday, July 13, 2014

April 13, 2014

Hello family!
Well I got my new companion this week! He isn't fob like I thought he was! Elder Mxxxxx is full Maori and is from Kaikohe, north of Auckland. He is 22 and has been a member for about 4 years. He is the only one of his family that is a member but they support him, so that is good. We get along pretty well. It might be hard really to tell in the first week but I think this is going to be a good transfer. He is really excited about the work and wants to work hard all day every day. So I don't have any issues with him being disobedient, that is a relief. He is pretty familiar with Preach My Gospel and stuff so he is going to be an easy one to train. I expect in the next couple of weeks I will have him lead the area.
Being a trainer is interesting. I feel a lot of responsibility but at the same time, President is telling me that everything will be fine and that I just need to do my best and the Lord will do the rest. We have an hour less during the day to do work because from 10-11 we do training in stead of starting work right at 10. I am back in the other house on my side of town. It was kinda dirty so we had to do some deep cleaning today. But it is nice to be back in my own area again, everything is familiar again.
We had General Conference this weekend. It was very good. We had President Kezerian here for all of Saturday. We had interviews with him before the Sat. morning session. Pretty much he just told me to make sure we are doing training every day. It is when we don't do any training that a problem comes up.  So I think that might be why the work is a little bit harder here than other areas in the mission. We unfortunately had no investigators come. But the talks were good so we are hopefully going to share them with our investigators in the coming weeks.

That is pretty much all for the week, nothing too exciting other than I got my new companion. We have done quite a lot of biking because we are still sharing the car. I think I made my companion a bit sore with too much biking. Reminds me of my first two weeks. Sore legs at the end of every day! Hope things are going well at home! Love you lots!!!
Love,
Elder Burnham

No comments:

Post a Comment