Sunday, July 13, 2014

June 29, 2014

Hello Family! 

Well another month has come and gone. Time just keeps on ticking. We had an alright week this last week. I actually caught a cold and was not feeling very well for a few days. Starting on Wednesday I had to slow it down a bit and then on Thursday, I just wouldn't/t do anything. I was coughing and had a congested nose all day. No good. After Thursday I slowly started to get better. Today I am still feeling a bit of the congestion but the coughing isn't nearly as bad. So I am getting better! 

As far as the missionary work goes, we had a pretty great day yesterday! We were very excited because for this first time in my stay here, we had a couple of investigators come to church! They are two nine year old girls we are teaching. One is actually the niece of the other which is kinda funny. But the family has had a few members that were members of the church but no longer are. That is because they have been associated with the local chapter of a gang. In fact, the grandfather/father of these two girls is the president of the xxxxxxx. But he is really nice to us so it is all good! But they came to church yesterday with a few other of the kids who are not of baptismal age, along with the wife of the president. So we were really happy about that. 

Yesterday, we also got our new mission president. It will be about two weeks before we meet him at our next zone conference but it is still exciting to have that change. Today was the first letter that we sent to President Hudson! Pretty exciting stuff. Well there was nothing really too momentous about the transition but perhaps something will happen in the coming weeks/months where the mission will take some strides forward! 

Well I hope things are going well at home! It is still going well over here! I hope you all have a good week!

Love,

Elder Burnham

No comments:

Post a Comment