Sunday, July 13, 2014

May 18, 2014

Well there is big news this week with transfers!

I am going to be leaving my area! I was really not expecting that because My companion is still in training. I am going to be going to Temuka, in the Christchurch Zone. I have been called to be a District Leader! I am really nervous for that calling. I still feel like there is so much for me to learn and that there is no way I am going to be able to fulfill that responsibility but I will have to trust in the promise of "Whom the Lord calls, He qualifies." But it certainly was a shock to me! I will have to make sure that I don't have too much stuff, lots of missionaries are over the weight requirements for bags when they have flights, like I will have. I will surely be a nervous Elder for the next few days and weeks! So the next couple days will be packing and saying my goodbyes! It will be a bit of a rush the next two days! 


Last weekend we had stake conference as well. Ours was fairly interesting. Our stake is working very much on the theme "to the rescue." This is under the direction of the Area Presidency. So we had a couple people share their reactivation stories. It seemed to me that they turned out more of telling a big long story of how they got AWAY from the church and not nearly enough on how they got back to the church. That was Saturday night. Sunday session was a broadcast from Salt Lake for all of New Zealand. President Monson, Elder Oaks, Bishop Causse and Sister Wixom were the speakers. That was pretty good except we gave up our seats in the chapel for seats in the Primary room where there wasn't any video. That was a bit of a bummer. But it was pretty good. 


Well that is about all for the week. I am sure I will have lots to talk about next week with the new area! Wish me luck!!! Love you all!!!!

Love,
Elder Burnham

No comments:

Post a Comment