Sunday, July 13, 2014

March 30, 2014

Hello Family!!!

Well this week has been another good one. Nothing too much out of the ordinary. We are really excited for this coming week because we have an investigator, Mitch, who is going to be baptized on the 5th of April. He has been meeting with missionaries for a while but has finally made the choice! We got a call this morning from his auntie who is in the ward saying that his more immediate family are happy with his decision and may be attending the baptism. That is wonderful because in the past, the mother hasn't supported him. He is old enough to make his own choices but it is always good to have familial support. We have the program all planned out and ready to go! It is exciting to bring a precious soul unto our Father in Heaven. I am certainly grateful to see the fruits of our efforts and the efforts of missionaries and members before us. It is even greater to see another come into the fold. 

This last week we had exchanges. The district leader came up to Wanganui to be with me and Elder xxxxx. He is a great missionary. It seems that when we are on exchanges, we are always more productive than when we aren't. Even though we plan and work just as hard, things seem to work out better when the District Leader is with us! We did have to do lots of driving last week though. We had to drive to Feilding and back Wednesday and Thursday morning. It's about an hour each way. I don't mind though, I am pretty much used to driving on the wrong side of the road. Still haven't accidentally gone on the right side of the road! 


One funny story for this week. We stopped in at Burger King to get some ice cream at about 8:45, just before we went home for the night. We went in and finished up our ice cream and got ready to go. Well one of the rules for us is that we have to have one missionary outside of the car whenever it is backing up. So I was backing up and one companion was in the passenger seat and the other backing us up. I pulled out of the spot, he opened the door to get in, then closed it. I starting going because there was a car behind me waiting for the spot. Then we were driving down the road for about 15 seconds and I get a call on the phone, it was the other missionary! I thought he was playing a prank in the back seat but then I looked and he wasn't there! So I had my companion talk to him as I turned around and went back to Burger King! I had left him there! He closed the door without getting in because there was junk on the seat he was going to get on. That was a really funny. So now we joke that we are going to leave him behind. That would only happen in a trio too because in a normal companionship, you can always see if your companion is in the car or not!

Well that is pretty much it for this week. I am doing well. Nothing much is new. It is amazing how fast this transfer has gone, only one more week left! Then I will be getting my new companion. Hope things are going well at home! Love you and miss you all!

Love,
Elder Burnham

No comments:

Post a Comment