Sunday, July 13, 2014

June 15, 2014

Hello Family!

Malo e leilei!

We got our transfer list today and my companion and I are both staying here! And because last transfer was only 4 weeks, this one is 8 weeks. That is to accommodate for the new Mission President coming in two weeks. So I will be here until at least August, probably longer. I say that because after this transfer, my companion is finished with his mission. So I will most likely be here for at least another transfer or two after that to get another missionary to know the area. I am happy to be staying here and at least I know (of speculate) more of what the next few months will be like. We have two moves in our District this week. One sister is going home and another sister is getting transferred out so we will have two new sisters and no new elders here. 

Well it was a pretty great week this week. We were able to spend more time in our own area this week, no exchanges. That was nice. We had a few lessons and even had a recently returned missionary to come with us to a few lessons. That was pretty cool. He is Tongan so he gets along with my companion fairly well. I try to follow the conversation from a few of the English sounding words that get thrown around but it's pretty hard. I don't mind though. 

This week we offered to do some service at the Salvation Army Family Store. They were happy with us helping because only elderly women really volunteer there so they need some help with the more physical stuff. Unfortunately, we have to fill out all this paperwork and stuff. We have to get a police check done. I don't know if that is actually worth it or not but we will probably end up doing all that stuff so we can volunteer there maybe once a week or something. 

We are still working hard to find new investigators. We have a couple of people that we are working with. The best ones for us is a family in Timaru. The parents and grandparents are almost all no longer members of the church, but they are encouraging the young ones to be involved. So we go once a week at teach an eight year old girl and a nine year old girl. Unfortunately they aren't coming to church, so we are going to offer for the Branch President or someone from Primary to pick up the children, Hopefully they can start coming to Church!

Well that is about it for the week, nothing too exciting. No stories of crazy animals or anything like that! I hope you all have a great week and happy father's day to Dad and Karl and Greg (BUT not until I get back!!!!)

Have a great week!

Love,

Elder Burnham

No comments:

Post a Comment