Sunday, July 13, 2014

May 4, 2014

Hello Family!

Well this week has been a bit better than last week. I actually think that it was not quite as tough and also I was able to deal with some of the stress and discouragement a little bit better. My companion is helping me a lot with the area. He pretty much tells me to suck it up, so I do and things go alright. I have made it to the end of the week so I can't complain too much! 



This week we got to go on a bit of a road trip again to the branch in Waiouru. It is about a two hour drive there and back. I enjoy the drive too, nice and curvy. We had a district meeting up there and we also had a service project as a district. We helped out at a daycare type place that was on the Army Base up there. We were staining and sealing some cubicles for the kids to put their backpacks and stuff in. It was nice to spend some time with the other missionaries and get to know them a bit better while still working and serving as a missionary. So that was pretty much our whole day gone on Thursday. My companion and I also got to do some service in Wanganui. There is a less active couple that own a takeaways shop in town. They were feeling really swamped with work so when we offered to help, they took us up on it. We came in the next day and spent a couple hours helping them make Pork Dumplings for them to sell in the next week. All I did was roll the dough with my hands into a ball then press it out into a circle. Then my companion rolled them out with a rolling pin into the actually size and shape for the dumpling. Pretty fun! We also got to mow a couple lawns this week. That means there was at least one day of good weather! Right now it just started pouring down rain. Hurray! And we don't have coats or anything so we get to walk home in the rain. I will probably be soaked.

Well that is about all for the week. Hope things are going well at home!

Love,
Elder Burnham

No comments:

Post a Comment