Sunday, July 13, 2014

April 6, 2014

Hello Family!!!
Big week this week and a big day today! I am sure you are a bit curious about transfers! Well on Thursday we got a call from the Assistants in the morning and they told me that I was training! Then a couple hours later, they called again and told me that both of my companions are training as well! So they are going to be in a trio on the other side of town. My new companion is Elder xxxxxx. I am not too sure where he is from, other than he is "fob" (fresh of the boat). I am definitely very nervous to be training. As a trainer, I can make or break this Elder's mission. I sure hope that I can be a good trainer. We had to call President this morning regarding some details of our baptism but at the same time, he told us that he NEEDS us to be the BEST trainers of the mission! Well that is a lot to live up to! I am sure I will be learning a lot about being a leader and also a lot about myself. I am grateful for this opportunity but nervous too! He comes here on Wednesday, probably during the day some time. So we are going to go from 3 Elders here to 5. None of the three of us are leaving, and we are getting two more new guys! Exciting stuff! Training lasts for 12 weeks, two transfers, so there is a pretty good chance I will be in Wanganui for another three months!
This week there were some other cool things that happened too. We did end up having our baptism go through! His name is Mitchell Phillips. He is in the other side of town so I was kinda lucky I guess to be a part of it. He is in his low 30s and has an auntie in the ward. It is always cool to see the fruits of your labors. 


Well that is pretty much all of the big news. Our district is changing a fair bit and there are three new missionaries coming in. The other Elder's companion isn't coming until Thursday, my guess is that he came from the Provo MTC instead of the Auckland one. Mine comes on Wednesday so I will let you know how this next week goes! It sure will be an exciting one with two new elders, general conference, and President and Sister Kezerain visiting us this weekend up here in Wanganui! Some great stuff to look forward to! Thanks to you all for the photos and the love that you sent! I always enjoy it!!! Love you lots!!!!
Love,
Elder Burnham

No comments:

Post a Comment